International Students

International Student Information


Please Note: International Applicants for the Seminary Formation Program must first apply and be accepted formationally before they can apply to the academic program.

The Registrar at St. Augustine's Seminary is the point of contact for International Students.  All changes to immigration status are to be reported to this office.

Anyone wishing to study in Canada who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident must obtain a Study Permit and in some cases a Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) before entering Canada. Prospective students should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate as soon as they receive their offer of admission. Delays at Embassies and Consulates are now common and should be taken into account when seeking Student Visas and Study Permits.

Application forms and guidelines for the initial Study Permit can be downloaded from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada [CIC] website at .

Although St. Augustine's international students do not have access to the full services of the University of Toronto’s Centre for International Experience, the website is a good resource: .

St. Augustine’s Seminary is required to submit attendance and/or proof of advancing in the program for all international students to the federal government, subject to any applicable privacy legislation requirements. Accepted applicants are required to complete and return the Student Contract form and Schedule C. Receipt of this documentation by St. Augustine’s is required to proceed and retain student's enrolment.

International Students must provide the Registrar with a copy of the study permit before the end of the first week of classes. 

Academic Required Documents

All students must have official transcripts sent directly to St. Augustine’s Seminary. International Students should know it is to their advantage to contact their post-secondary institutions while they are still in their home country.

In addition, international students must provide further documentation about their post-secondary institutions. In most cases, international students who receive Bachelor degrees from Universities and/or Colleges outside North America are required to present supporting documentation about the Faculty and Course Curriculum. The credentials of the teaching faculty should include the degrees obtained and courses taught. Detailed course descriptions and the number of credit semester hours are valuable; a prospectus or bulletin of the institution should contain this necessary information.

The supporting documentation as well as the Official Transcripts should be signed and/or sealed by the institution and sent directly to St. Augustine’s Seminary to the attention of the Registrar.


If your student visa  / study permit is due to expire before you’ve finished your program, do the following:

  1. At least three months prior to the expiration date, you should complete an application form available from the Immigration Canada website.

  2. Request a letter from the Registrar that states you are a student at St. Augustine's Seminary and estimates the time you will need to complete your studies.

  3. Provide proof that you have sufficient funds available to support yourself for the remainder of your stay in Canada (e.g., bank statements, student loan documents, scholarship and bursary awards, or pledges of support from other organizations).



Please note that your employment opportunities on a student visa are strictly regulated by the government. You may only be authorized to accept on-campus employment or employment related to your field of study.


Health Insurance

As an international student, you are required to register for the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP). More Information is available from the Registrar.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.