International Students

Please Note: Applicants for the Seminary Formation Program must first apply and be accepted formationally before they can apply to the academic program.


Anyone wishing to study in Canada who is not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident must obtain a Study Permit and in some cases a Temporary Resident Visa (Entry Visa) before entering Canada. Prospective students should contact the nearest Canadian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate as soon as they receive their offer of admission. Delays at Embassies and Consulates are now common and should be taken into account when seeking Student Visas and Study Permits.

Application forms and guidelines for the initial Study Permit can be downloaded from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada [CIC] website at .

More details about Immigration procedures are available on the University of Toronto’s Centre for International Experience website:

St. Augustine’s Seminary may be required to submit attendance and/or proof of advancing in the program for all international students to the federal government, subject to any applicable privacy legislation requirements. Accepted applicants are required to complete and return the Notice of Collection of Personal Information and Consent form. Receipt of this form by St. Augustine’s is required to proceed and retain student's enrolment.

New rules that will reduce the potential for fraud or misuse of the program while protecting Canada’s international reputation for high-quality education and improving services to genuine students will come into force on June 1, 2014. The new rules will:

  • Limit the issuance of study permits to applicants who will be studying at a designated learning institution, including institutions that are designated by provinces and territories on the basis of meeting minimum standards;
  • Require students to actively pursue their studies while in Canada; and
  • Allow full-time international students enrolled at designated institutions in certain programs to work part time off campus and full time during scheduled school breaks without a work permit.

Read the full text of the new regulations.

For more information, please go to the Government of Canada's Citizenship and Immigration Canada website. 

Academic Required Documents

All students must have official transcripts sent directly to St. Augustine’s Seminary. It is important to inform international students that it is to their advantage to contact their post-secondary institutions while they are still in their home country.

In addition, international students must provide further documentation about their post-secondary institutions. In most cases, international students who receive Bachelor degrees from Universities and/or Colleges outside North America are required to present supporting documentation about the Faculty and Course Curriculum. Faculty credentials include the degrees obtained and courses taught. Detailed course descriptions and credit semester hours are valuable; a prospectus or bulletin of the institution should contain the necessary information.

The supporting documentation as well as the Official Transcripts should be signed and/or sealed by the institution and sent directly to St. Augustine’s Seminary to the attention of the Registrar.

All changes to immigration status should be reported to the Registrar.

Fees for international students are available on the Fees and Financial Aid webpage on this website.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2018 West Corporation. All rights reserved.